Do you want to be a part of a transformational journey with leading edge GIS technologies?
Join our team
The development and support team is currently expanding capabilities of the toolset to mobile and web development (front end and back end) for pre-sales agent within TELUS. The front end is a mobile app (iOS)/web app and the back end is using leading edge technologies and open standard tool sets (i.e. GCP, Kong, postGreSQL, SFDC).
We are looking for a System Analyst who can work on full stack mobile/web app development. The goal of the team is to enable business stakeholders (i.e. new service introduction, efficiency improvement) through on-going development projects and operations.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
The System Analyst will play an important role to enable TELUS stakeholders throughout the software development cycle working with stakeholders and project team members (architects, developers, vendor and offshore partners). You’re a strategic thinker with balanced business acumen and technical expertise for realizing business needs through software projects and operations. You will partner with key business stakeholders and internal and external development team members to drive key geo spatial strategic and transformational initiatives.
Here’s how – you will:
- Lead and/or support workshop with key stakeholders to capture business needs/requirement for software projects (functional and technical requirement)
- Lead and/or support analysis, design, test, production readiness and deployment during software life development cycle
- Lead analysis and prepare summary material (i.e. business case) to support decision making for projects and drive operational effectiveness (i.e. trend analysis)
- Identify areas of improvement during projects and operations to improve overall processes – continuous improvement
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle – you are/have:
- Recognized for leading large scale and/or transformational projects and operations as an analyst/developer/architect
- Confident in engaging a broad set of stakeholders and collaborating with internal and external development team members
- Acknowledged for strong communication, business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Regarded for solid understanding of SDLC and methodologies (Agile, Scrum) and best practices
- Seen as a technical expert in mobile development (toolset/mobile development framework)
- Valued for your 5+ years of business analysis and/or consulting/development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or any related discipline)
- Lead and/or support software development process (i.e. Agile development) as a scrum master
- Strong software development experience in mobile development as BSA/Systems Analyst/Developer/Architect
- Good understanding about GCP and Database (postGreSQL)
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.