Join our team
The TELUS Health & Payment Solutions (THPS) – Clinical Customer Solution Delivery team is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented candidate with a strong capacity for working under pressure, both alone and as part of a team. The successful candidate will work in a pleasant environment where communication and cooperation among all team members is valued and encouraged.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Data Analyst (Importer), you will be involved in analyses and in various activities relating to conversion and clinical solution delivery for the projects to which you are assigned. You will be tasked with advocating the optimization of the quality of products and services delivered to customers. You will take part in the analysis of conversion strategies, discussions on how to prioritize different activities, and validation of customer data during testing, including implementation of test scenarios that affect conversions, both internally and with customers. You will participate in programming, testing, debugging and documentation for simple or moderately complex extract, transform, and load (ETL) type applications. Finally, you will be tasked with importing the converted data to production in the evenings, about twice a week, typically 9:00 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.
- Analyze and document strategies for converting and loading data
- Support the development of data conversion tools
- Handle all tests, validations and mapping activities related to the execution of clinical data conversions
- When the need arises, validate data directly with customers
- Import converted data for our customers on a timely basis
- Assist colleagues in the continuous improvement of processes and tools by sharing best practices and working on required improvements
- Work with all teams responsible for delivering clinical solutions to our customers
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Strong experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies for the analysis, development, validation and execution of customer data conversion operations
- Knowledge and expertise required for analysis, data mapping, testing, customer validation and execution of conversions
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Strong analytical skills, always seeking solutions to issues identified
- Ability to work independently, team spirit and eagerness to participate
- Concern for a job well done and meeting deadlines
- Strong ability to adapt and flexibility in the face of change
- Bilingualism in English & French, especially excellent fluency in French, spoken & written
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent diploma from a technical institute, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience as an Analyst/Developer whose main duties and responsibilities entailed tool development as well as the conversion and loading of customer data
- Extensive experience executing and delivering releases, and experience with production patches
- Knowledge of Microsoft (MS) SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) tools
- Web & C# development skills
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) systems used in clinical settings in this market
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.