Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ1509
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Apply by: Friday March 12th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Chris McKinnon
The Integration & Technology team is on the lookout for a Systems Analyst with not only the skills to succeed, but a positive attitude and genuine enjoyment of being part of the team. If working on projects implementing new applications, maintaining existing systems, figuring out how to get diverse systems to work together, and solving complex problems sounds exciting then we would love to hear from you!
The position is part of a team responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting a variety of banking related applications. The Systems Analyst will be working with business representatives, project managers, project analysts, solution architects, and other development team members to identify business requirements, create system specifications and present solutions using appropriate technologies. They will also provide a variety of expertise including but not limited to server administration, database administration, change management and application configuration to ensure that these systems run smoothly.
- Provide a wide range of expertise and guidance to development and project teams in the implementation of business applications and technical infrastructure
- Take ownership and responsibility for developing processes, policies, standards, and delivery
- Interact with all levels of the organization to identify opportunities for system enhancements and process improvements
- Prepare plans for application development, implementation and ongoing support
- Provide work estimates to managers and project managers as requested
- Manage, coordinate and monitor project implementation and post implementation as required for new initiatives and enhancements
- Develop and maintain tactical relationships with vendors in order to support daily operations of critical business applications
- Troubleshoot application issues/problems and work with other teams within IT to bring them to resolution within an acceptable timeframe
- Follow ATB IT policies and procedures when implementing changes to production and non-production environments
- Evaluate technologies and tools for use in systems design, build and integration
- Design, build, and maintain databases as required
- Design and complete data loads and extractions from various ATB systems
- Prepare system documentation and training material
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Prepare ad-hoc and application standard reporting
- Provides on-call and after hours support as assigned, on a rotational basis
- Recognized Information Technology training – university/ college/ technical school or equivalent experience.
- Three (3)+ years of systems analysis experience
- Three (3)+ years of Windows and/or Unix/AIX based application support and troubleshooting experience
- Three (3)+ years experience with server side administration
- Three (3)+ years experience with database administration
- Previous financial industry experience would be an asset
- Thorough knowledge of structured systems analysis in a range of technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to remain composed and work well during pressured situations
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and standard Change Management practices
- Sound understanding of object oriented programming and test driven development
- Experience with the use of IDE tools, such as Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Knowledge of enterprise relational databases and tools – more specifically MS SQL and DB2
- Previous experience implementing and configuring third party applications
- Understanding of the server environments such as Windows Server, IIS, and AIX
- General understanding of basic networking and application connectivity within an enterprise landscape
- Experience with XML and Web Services an asset
- Understanding of banking business processes and applications would be an asset
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can-and should-make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
We are also an equal opportunity employer. Find out more about what to expect when applying.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
ATB is happy to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.