David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a System Analyst based in Edmonton, AB.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for a full range of activities that ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of specified applications used by the organization. The Systems Analyst will design and document system architecture, data flow, workflows, integrate and customize applications and make appropriate system controls and protocol recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness. You will ensure systems security and be the functional expert on specified applications and will be the main point of contact between the organization and vendor support.
- Execute assigned technology projects.
- Work with vendors and consultants to create robust systems setup, and data flows to create secure development and transactions.
- Build diagrams, charts, and reports, as required.
- Support the organization with issues arising in the CRM, either through direct resolution or through coordination with the MSP or vendor consultants.
- Support the organization with issues arising in the data flows to external systems, either through direct resolution or through coordination with the MSP or vendor consultants.
- Design integrations between existing and new systems by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering business and functional requirements, and conducting stakeholder analysis.
- Map key Business Processes on a departmental level throughout the organization.
- Implement new technologies/software to support the dynamic and evolving needs of the organization.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to management for business systems purchases and decision-making processes.
- Improve systems by studying current trends and best practices in the industry.
- Maintain servers through continuous assessment of the needs of the organization with the guidance of the Director, Finance & Administration.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Create and manage systems infrastructure to support the BCMB’s development efforts.
- Create programs supporting the varying needs of the organizations.
- Document all processes covered in this role.
- Assist when printers/computers/phones/networks are down.
- Setup and connect laptops for new employees
- Assist with troubleshooting A/V for meetings and events.
The Ideal Candidate:
The critical core competencies required in this role are:
- Detail orientation
- Critical thinking
- High degree of confidentiality
- Professional demeanor
- Sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- Excellent written communication skills
- High degree of organization
- Experience with system implementations
- Experience working with a remote and in-office environment
Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Website portals
- Content management:Teams (SharePoint)
- Cloud technologies.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd , Senior Partner, Aplin Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.