Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the Citrix infrastructure across multilple Federal Government contracts. Day to Day steady state support includes incident, problem, change and service request ticket management while respecting the established service level agreements established in the various master services agreement contracts.
Environment upgrades are required to ensure that Operating System and Citrix software is always at supported levels. Monthly security compliance and patching to prevent breaches in the environment. New projects that require additional server builds or decommissions in support of the clients requirements. Monitoring and action on alerts generated to prevent unforseen outages.
Team members will be responsible for support of the environment in a 7 days a week, 24 hour, 365 day environment. After hour on call responsibilities are a requirement of this position which is shared across the team.
Our clients often contract our team to deploy leading edge software and hardware and the latest in tools and processes to administer this hardware and software.
The successful candidate will join an dedicated and professional team of information technology specialists who have a strong desire to keep their skillsets current and are rewarded for acquiring certifications and new technology skills.
- 10 + years experience (Wintel administration) in installing, troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining Windows operating systems line of product.
- 5 + years in Virtualization technology. Possess knowledge and skills to deploy and maintain VMware ESX server infrastructure 4, VSphere 5.x, 6.x.
- 5+ years working on server consolidation projects using Virtual Center, P2V/Converter, VMotion, HA, other virtual devices and Data Center Migrations.
- 15 + years of experience exclusively in Server Base Computing (Citrix). Installing, troubleshooting, supporting and maintaining XenApps6.5, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7.15 and Citrix Provisioning Services.
- 5+ years Active Directory management and administration of GPO, user accounts, shares, security permissions, DHCP, DNS and DFS
- App Sense Policies and Personalization and Application Virtualization using APP-V Packaging.
- 3+ years working on Citrix Migration Project from XenApp5 to XenApp6.5 at Enterprise Level, Migrating applications, user and settings to new environment and end to end testing
- 3+ years of Server Hardware: CISCO UCS Blade Servers, IBM X336,X3850, HP ProLiant DL760 G2 8 socket, Blade Servers and Dell PowerEdge 1950/2950
- Thorough understanding of protocols, including TCP/IP, RDP, sub-netting, switch administration, MS clustering, Load Balancing, Microsoft Hyper V, Terminal Server, VPN, Firewall, HPSA, SCCM, Office 360 cloud environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Canadian Federal Government Security Clearance Level 2 – Secret.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Windows Server 2012:Active Directory Domain Services
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP5)
- VMware Certified Sales Professional (VSP)
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenApps 6.5
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenDesktop 5
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Certificate in Business Continuity Management awareness.
- Candidate should be versed in Cloud offerings by the various vendors that offer infrastructure solutions. Certifications are encouraged.
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.