Who we are
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people’s behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do
The System Administrator responsibilities include the design, configuration, implementation and administration of the organizations network infrastructure and product architecture. The continuous monitoring and refinement of internal and client facing environments focusing on security are of the highest priority. This role will provide strong analysis and technical expertise to ensure stable, efficient and secure systems while dynamically assisting in helpdesk/desktop support and operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement the optimal configuration for each Cloud application including servers, database access, network access and interfaces (Azure, Google Cloud).
- Hybrid AD/AAD environment with Security Groups, OU, GPO, User Objects Attributes.
- Configure and maintain production systems and application services within 99%+ availability including web servers, databases and VPN access (VMWare, SCCM).
- Administration of hosted mail delivery services with a focus on security (O365).
- Maintain documentation including diagrams for application servers and associated devices (Multi Site/Site).
- Modify the infrastructure architecture configuration as needed to support changes to product development.
- Provide support as needed for new and upgraded software and hardware implementations.
- Configure systems for disaster recovery and failover data centers; design, implement and test failover.
- Facilitate and contribute to SOC audits with security remediation.
- Review and perform security application patches and maintenance as required.
- Become the technical expert in clinical applications. Perform troubleshooting, problem analysis/resolution and system tuning.
- Develop and execute a plan to monitor applications on a daily basis and address any system outages.
- Light Desktop Support responsibilities with on site requirements.
Who you are
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline is required (Computer Science preferred).
- 3+ years experience in Windows server system administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems 2012.
- Moderate knowledge of VMware.
- Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCITP, MCSE) are a strong plus.
- SQL Server administration experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent understanding of storage, network, and hardware technologies.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical/trouble shooting skills.
- Good end user presentation skills. Able to communicate technical information to users in a non-technical manner.
- Excellent problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems.
- Experience within a healthcare environment is desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Visio, etc) is desired.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, pleasecontactor call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis.This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For informationplease click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.