We here at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. We get that isn’t easy, but that’s exactly why we are taking up the challenge. We help enterprise clients manage cybersecurity risk without slowing down their business. This is achieved by building security into their end-to-end processes with our three offerings: our leading-edge software SD Elements, industry recognized cyber security training and our renown Advisory consulting practice.
As a System Administrator, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Infrastructure. You will be responsible for the IT infrastructure ensuring network, server infrastructure, laptops, telecom, audio visual equipment and software tools are continuously operational and secure.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, monitoring, and reliable operation of IT infrastructure. This includes onsite and cloud platforms. Tasks includes new implementations, designing improvements, and backup and disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of the issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications for team.
- Support helpdesk team to ensure laptop equipment and applications are operating efficiently for staff with minimal issues. As well, install and maintain unique server applications to support business functions in day-to-day operational needs.
- Always applies security standards, including the correct patching level and configuration to achieve security.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Highly technical and hands-on experience in AWS, VMware, Linux, TCP/IP networks, and firewalls.
- 3+ years experience as a system administrator, with strong focus on customer centricity and service.
- Maintain relevance with emerging issues, trends, laws, regulations, and strategies; stay up to date on the latest technical trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate concepts to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Be recognized as a collaborator, innovative, rigorous, and dynamic.
- Ability to manage in a context of transformation.
Why Security Compass?
- Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients and the world as a whole.
- Have a voice. Be trusted. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company’s culture and decisions.
- Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are the just a few ways we let loose. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Universal Acceptance. Diversity is our differentiator. We speak up for inclusion. We respect all forms of intelligence.
- Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do. We encourage disruptive thinking.
- Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond
- Find balance. We support work from home, have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform [email protected] so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.