Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are looking for an Automation Developer to join our Integrated Business Applications. This individual will work closely with the BI Solutions team which is responsible for the development and maintenance of the enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solution. The Automation Developer will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining deployment automation to support continuous deployment to QA and Production environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with development, QA and operations team to understand the automation requirement and build the automation framework
- Develop automated deployment and test, execute functional, application and regression based tests where required
- Perform deployment from dev to qa to production environment
- Respond to operational incidents and perform root-cause analysis
- Monitor, analyze, document and communicate technical issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Review existing code and make valuable suggestion for enhancement
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management is used
- Create and maintain documentation, guidelines and best practices to support the development lifecycle
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience in DevOps engineering on an agile team
- Practical experience with Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with integration/automation using Rest API
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence and Teams
- Experience supporting Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Oracle Database is a plus
- Experience creating virtual servers (VMWare, Hyper-V) is a plus
- Independent problem-solver, self-motivated and a team player, working in an agile environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a software developer, or as a Dev Ops engineer
- Proficient in scripting and automation skills
- Passionate about DevOps and new technologies
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John’s, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown, Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Employee Status: Regular
Req ID: 210000JN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans