NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: System Architect
LOCATION: Waterloo, ON
Passionate about technology and see the world a little differently than your peers. Everywhere you look, there’s possibility. Opportunity. Boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You believe software technology changes how people live.
At NCR, we believe that, too. We’re one of the world’s first tech companies, and still going strong. Like us, you know the benefit of a building a solution that meets and exceeds market demands. Your solutions result in clean architecture and design leading to high quality, feature rich solutions. You enjoy working closely with highly skilled development teams to build out your vision. You don’t see problems; instead, aided by your strong technical and testing skills, you see boundaries to push and challenges to solve. You understand the benefits of reuse and open source software to increase time to market. You are on top of trends throughout the industry and are always looking for how they can improve our solutions.
Curious? Read on. We’re looking for a System Architect like you.
YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Own the Product and System architecture, working closely with the product and system management to define and align the architecture with the product roadmap.
- Work with the product owners and scrum teams to define solutions that meet or exceed the market requirements.
- Manage and prioritize the architectural backlog then work with the teams to ensure the highest priority stories are included in each program increment.
- Articulate Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs) and architect the solution to meet these NFRs by working with business/product and engineering teams.
- Participate in the Program Increment and Sprint planning.
- Produce and maintain architectural artifacts including diagrams & presentations.
- Review the scrum team’s design and development to ensure that it aligns with your architecture.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance to the scrum team members as required.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of the product.
- Work with the pre-sales and solution management teams to provide solution demonstrations.
- Work with product and enterprise architects across solutions to share knowledge, align vision and explore opportunities for reuse.
- Use social media, blogs and industry sites to keep abreast of emerging trends, software, tools and techniques.
PEOPLE DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- Technically Savvy. Using your strong technical knowledge and experience you can find clean solutions to every challenge.
- Someone who just gets it. From system architecture to technical specifics, you see the big picture and how everything-and everyone-works together from start to finish.
- A bit of a perfectionist, but in all the best ways. People trust you to make the right call-quickly and confidently.
- The one everyone wants on their team. You simply bring out the best in other people.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of leading architecture & designs for high-transaction processing systems
- 3+ year of working with Microservices, Dockers, Kubernetes in public cloud environments
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, ideally Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- Java, Spring Cloud development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing Micro-service architecture.
- Experience articulating NFRs and architecting the solution to meet them in conjunction with business/product and engineering teams.
- Experience with Docker and deployment models in Kubernetes.
- Experience working in a scrum, agile project.
- Experience leading design of new projects.
- Experience evaluating, selecting and coordinating technology choices.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience working in a scaled Agile environment, such as SAFe and supporting a multi-scrum team development project.
- Certification in one or more cloud technologies.
- Knowledge with Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with high volume transaction systems.
- Experience with developing software for Financial Institutions.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.