At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
We are looking for a technical expert specializing in Windows and virtualization technologies to define and support at a high level our customers’ server infrastructure as well as assist our team in their journey towards an Infrastructure as Code-based management model.
The Specialist in Servers Administration, Windows and Virtualized environments will have to understand the environments of Bell Canada and its customers. The position requires customer’s needs identification, the technological capacities, processes and operational applications necessary to support systems administration deliverables.
- Support large environments of Windows servers and Microsoft technologies: troubleshooting, proactive management, security management, backups, daily operation and optimization.
- Help support virtualization environments including VMware products and storage components.
- Plan and implement operating systems modifications, software updates and upgrades to new versions / releases and required security patches.
- Provide assistance during projects involving new deployments of Windows servers using the standards and practices of the department.
- Understand system metrics / performance reports and maintain system capacity and performance.
- To examine and interpret alarms and the system advises and to provide services of intervention urgently advanced, management of the incidents and analyses (in accordance with the sectoral and contractual requirements) to support the customers of systems administration
- Produce and revise the documentation of the systems under his control.
- Work in compliance with ITIL standards.
- Support a 24/7 environment with pager rotation.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Windows Systems Administration in a production environment.
- Solid experience on different versions of Windows and Active directory (2008 +)
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and IIS.
- Someone who has knowledge of automation and orchestration tools like DSC, Group Policies, Ansible and Code Management Tools (GIT).
- Scripting experience in PowerShell.
- Good knowledge of VMware technologies.
- Solid experience in backup technologies.
- Knowledge of NetBackup, LEMSS, EPO, SCOM.
- Knowledge of networking and security concepts.
- Knowledge of security principles (hardening).
- Knowledge of HP servers and HP enclosures is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAN environment management is an asset.
- An individual who is willing to go beyond to satisfy our customers.
- A person with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Job Status: [[jobStatus]]
Application Deadline: [[applicationDeadLine]]
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: [[rmkCountry]], [[rmkState]], [[rmkCity]]
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.