Reporting to the Director, IT & Security, the System Administrator will be accountable for support of all operational IT systems and hardware across the RFA companies. The System Administrator will support and execute on the mandate of the TechOps team at RFA Bank of Canada in assisting to build and maintain an effective and efficient delivery of IT services to meet the needs of the business.
IT Operational Support
By direct action or through the engagement of other colleagues or outside vendors;
• Monitoring, logging, assigning or closing tickets
• Troubleshooting high priority tickets: phones, desktops, laptops, VPN, printers, scanners, copiers, faxes
• Managing equipment and inventory: phone sets, desktops, laptops, keyboards, mice, etc.
• Deploying equipment and managing security software
• Managing server room safety and security
• New employee user ID and passwords or resets
• Tracking and supporting phones and iPads
• Managing notifications for maintenance and upgrades to national team
• Assigning and tracking extensions for all locations
• Supporting applications
• Assisting with software training and orientation
• Processing new hire intake
• Maintaining the server (Exchange/ Domain Controllers/ etc.)
• Managing and deploying network switches/ wireless
• Managing O365/ Azure
• Creating documentation/ Standards / Communications
• Performing other duties and assist with special projects, as required
Regulatory & Compliance
• Completing all regulatory and compliance and risk management training.
• Complying with requirements as set by the Compliance function and external regulatory bodies in all instances.
• Acting in accordance with the company’s Board-approved risk appetite and tolerance for risk in all instances.
• Maintaining employee and customer confidentiality per the Employee Handbook in all instances.
Code of Conduct
• Adhering to the Code of Conduct in all instances.
• As required; with management, projects and support teams, end users and vendors
• Monitoring financial expenditures and report on applicable budget elements
• Previous experience with Windows platforms
• Broad knowledge of PC hardware and MS Office and related software
• General knowledge of Mac based hardware and software
• Understanding of network environments, servers, data storage and recovery
• Hands on experience troubleshooting for end users
• Proficiency using MS Office
• Relevant post-secondary education; including university, college, or equivalent in recognized IT certifications (MSCE, Cisco, etc.)
• Knowledge of O365/ Azure
• Strong attention to detail
• Drive to ensure timely delivery
• Strong communication, inter-personal, and people skills
• Demonstrating a positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Office environment with regular working hours
- Pay Type Salary