BBTV is a media-tech company advancing the world through the creation, distribution, management and monetization of content. We provide end-to-end solutions to content owners including proprietary tech, leading services and enhanced distribution & monetization.
We have built proprietary VISO technologies leveraging machine learning, digital signal processing and big data to power our platform and ecosystem and our key revenue streams represent the most relevant and scalable opportunities for monetization of digital IP across advertising, SaaS/content management, mobile apps and other revenue streams. We are the second largest video property worldwide in terms of unique viewers following only Google, reaching tens of billions of monthly impressions!
About Opposition and the Role
In an industry often favoring major labels and traditional music deal structures, Opposition stands in the corner of the artist, offering the tools and support that allow artists to maintain control of their music and creative journey. Opposition works with artists to diversify their revenue through a suite of tailored services, including distribution & label services, rights management, e-commerce, mobile apps, brand sponsorships, influencer marketing, and more. We are looking for a Sync Licensing & Publishing specialist to further our artist’s revenue.
Opposition has released tracks from TisaKorean, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Zaytoven & Lil Yachty, KILLY, Terror Jr etc. which provides a diverse and high quality catalogue to pitch for Sync Licensing opportunities across TV, film, advertising, videogames and other media markets. We’re looking for a candidate with existing relationships to leverage for placements. An ideal candidate also has strong knowledge in collecting Publishing revenue as they will assist in that in addition to driving Sync Licensing opportunities.
- Pitch and secure revenue for Opposition’s songs through placements in TV, film, advertising, videogames and other media markets
- Establish, maintain, and grow effective relationships with key industry creative contacts, such as music supervisors, licensing staff, advertising agency executives, sync houses etc.
- Strategize to set pitches apart from competition including anticipating
and understand the music requirements media markets ahead of production
- Maintain and organize prospects, pitch and results lists and reports
- Assist and oversee the execution of all contracts related to Sync Licensing and Publishing initiatives
- Improve system process tracking and administration for Licensing (synchronization for master use and music publishing, mechanicals, other third-party licenses, etc.)
- Assess potential strategic partnerships to with various music companies to help expand and grow our Sync Licensing revenue and awareness of tracks
- Develop digital campaigns to expose our artist’s music to new audiences while securing licensing revenue
- Additional focus on outbound sales, reaching out to artists/labels and signing sync rights for placements
- Develop new Publishing revenue stream for Opposition’s artists
- Assist in registration and collection of Neighboring Rights and backend royalties with PROs
- Maintain pitching catalog organization (internal company sheets and third party pitching platforms – ie: DISCO) along with regular pitching playlist creation and updates
- +3 years experience in the music industry; preferably Sync Licensing but experience in Administration in Music Publishing or related industry is acceptable.
- Vast knowledge of Publishing and Licensing (synchronization, mechanical, print, arrangement, performance, etc.)
- Strong relationships and connections with music decision makers and key influencers in U.S. film, television and media
- Strong knowledge of TV & Film production schedules and overall licensing landscape
- Knowledge on registering and looking up info for PRO’s (namely in North America)
- Experience with music or publishing-based royalty systems
- Experience with performing contract reviews and extracting key terms and clauses
- Mastery of Office Suite (MS or Google), in particular with Word and Excel
- An ongoing commitment to sustain a strong knowledge of digital marketing and relevant music platforms while adapting to the ever changing music business landscape
- Ability to take the initiative and drive excellent results
- Must be able to work independently and communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt in a quickly moving working environment and to stay collected in stressful situations
- Dedicated work ethic with a proactive mindset
- Positive attitude fueled by ambition to drive results
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible hours and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
From our commitment to giving back (support for everyone to volunteer with a charitable or community initiative), our culture committee (social events, team-building, diversity and inclusion), and our support for personal and career development through our learning & development program, we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
BBTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to foster a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the individuals we serve and to provide employees with a meaningful and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination and harassment.
BBTV believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Indigenous people, people of color, people of all genders or non-genders, and people with disabilities of all types are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To all recruitment agencies, BBTV does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, BBTV employees or any other company location. BBTV is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for This Job