This role can be based remotely in any provinces and territories in Canada.
As a Support Engineer, you’ll engage with Enterprise level customers, providing guidance, support and analysis. You will learn to become a Subject Matter Expert in at least two products that exist within the Platform. You will proactively help customers avoid potential issues and be responsible for providing clearly articulated solution to achieve the greatest customer satisfaction. Having a strong background from working within the software development cycle will be a major pre-requisite for this role.
- Willingness to support the North America region. Flexible to accommodate urgent customer needs over weekends and public holidays.
- Provide high quality 24/7 technical support by helping customers resolve issues including explaining usage, debugging failures, pinpointing problems, implementing workarounds, increasing performance, improving security, and determining root causes.
- Perform thorough analysis of the issue and provide customer updates within the set SLAs and response time guidelines.
- Maintain availability to customers and other team members during normal working hours and be available to flex your schedule to accommodate trends in ticket creation.
- Practice the ‘give and take’ model of knowledge and experience exchange by sharing information gained through individual training, on-sites, and other non-typical job-related opportunities with the greater team.
- Work on the basis that screen sharing calls with the customer are the best way to resolve customer issues rather than email.
- Consistently communicate with customers to convey the status of fixes, triage, and questions. You will ensure that customers are kept informed at all times.
- Support on-going efforts in defining best practice for product solutions.
- Facilitate and liaise communication across internal teams and update the customers systematically.
- Contribute, maintain, and improve knowledge base articles, SharePoint pages, training materials, and other repositories of information to keep it accurate, pertinent, and valuable.
- Look for ways that the support team can improve our processes, communication, systems, etc., so that we can help our customers more.
- Ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team using modern, collaborative tools such as Zendesk, Atlassian, Microsoft Office 365 suite and Slack.
- Alert management proactively about customer issues that are heading toward escalation or which require special handling.
- Advocate as Voice of the Customer for our Enterprise customers, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement.
- Report customer use cases, requirements, and enhancement requests.
- Characterize customer-found defects and recommend fixes.
- Protect Customer intellectual property and any personal information that you may encounter during your efforts.
Demonstrated Required Skills and Abilities General:
- A natural trouble-shooter, autonomous, able to assemble and use different tools, able to manage and prioritize effectively, willing to dig deep to find the answers to tricky problems.
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to work with customers in a manner that is professional, compassionate, and effective.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex technical issues to technical and non- technical audiences at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of SaaS and Cloud operations.
- Good understanding of installing applications and upgrading to latest versions on Linux, Mac and Windows servers.
- Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications for example SSO, LDAP, etc.
- Good understanding of the architectural principals of web-based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers.
- Good understanding of APIs, HTTP requests, Databases and Network infrastructure.
- Scripting language experience (Python or Perl, etc.).
- Good understanding on working on a UNIX operating system (Linux, Solaris, etc.) and familiarity with UNIX troubleshooting tools.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, multicultural, innovative and international environment.
- Ongoing learning attitude, has effective time management skills, shows attention to detail and can communication in English (oral and written).
- Good understanding of business intelligence, ETL, data warehousing and other data management concepts and technologies.
- Hands on experience with BI tooling like Tableau, PowerBI is desirable. MicroStrategy experience is a big plus.
- Exposure to data science lifecycle concepts and stages such as model training, scoring.
- High level understanding of Agile planning, DevOps and/or ITSM processes.
- Experience supporting SaaS applications including supporting topics such as SSO, configuring & debugging connectivity issues, usage tracking, configuring & debugging role based access rules.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience debugging data transformation processes is desirable