Supply Chain Insights Analyst – Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
In a complex and competitive supply chain environment an ability to understand and transform large amounts of data into effective, focused and actionable sets of information is required to achieve business goals. Reduced inventories and increasing cost-to-serve create a need to have a streamlined, disciplined, and dynamic approach in the areas of Metric Reporting, Process Optimization, and Training.
The Analyst will aid in this effort by distilling large amounts of data and providing insights and intelligence on complex business issues. Increased clarity of data will drive the actions of the teams and leadership within Supply Chain, enabling them to make fact-based decisions and execute in a time sensitive manner.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Report on metrics and deliver analytical insights and intelligence on issues driving variances
- Assist Managers and Directors through ad-hoc requests on a wide range of timely topics including customer issues, processes or requests from other functions
- Act as a system and reporting super-user for the Supply Chain team
- Help to manage billions of rows of data and the data pipeline between SQL and SAP
- Participate or lead improvement projects within the team
- Delivery of analytics and reporting in a time sensitive and fast paced environment
- Liaise with Six Sigma to identify and apply innovative tools to existing processes
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in an Analytical role (preferably in Supply Chain)
- Passionate about solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of the following is an asset: SAP, Sharepoint, PowerBI & SQL
- Enjoys giving meaning to large sets of data, investigating complex problems, and summarizing the critical points in a clear concise manner
- Advanced Microsoft skills
- Demonstrates a curiosity to critically review and improve the efficiency of internal processes
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to brainstorm solutions that drive key strategic initiatives across the business
- Appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.