Summer 2021 Co-Op Student – Software Developer
Welcoming applications from all post-secondary students in a related educational discipline.
Location: Saint John, Fredericton
JDI IT is focused on the future. From Forestry, to Transportation, to Shipbuilding, we are working directly with our business counterparts to align their strategies to continued advancements in IT. Our team of over 300 IT professionals support thousands of end-users across more than 600 applications implemented to support our businesses.
Software Developer Intern
If you are looking for hands on, real world experience in a supportive, diverse and fast-paced environment, JDI IT is the challenge for you. A work term here will provide you with an experience that will stretch your abilities, build your curiosity and grow your resume in a way that is unique in the Maritimes. You will be given opportunities to analyze business requests and implement solutions while gaining exciting experience with a variety of leading edge technologies in Application Development, Business Intelligence, Coding or Technical Writing.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university co-op program
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication
- Curiosity, drive for excellence and a deep interest in technology
What you will gain:
- Hands on experience with application development, business intelligence or database administration.
- Opportunity to work on projects and changes supporting multiple lines of business
- Hands on and practical experience with:
- Web Development (.net, visual studio, C#, JSON, MVC)
- Mobile Development, Microsoft ETL tools (SSIS, SSRS, SQL, scripting)
- Microsoft SWL Database Administration
- Job shadowing opportunities and establishment of mentor relationships
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please submit an online application, including a resume and academic transcript.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.