Hydro One Networks Inc
40727 – Rexdale – Regular – ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Standards Development and Production Manager
1.0 General Accountability
Provide management and leadership for effective functioning of the Standards Development, Production and Revision department in planning, implementation of corporate standards development and revision with the objective to meet the business needs in response to evolving regulatory environments, customer requirements and new technologies including:
- 1.1 Develop and implement business strategies and plans for corporate standards in order to achieve goals and objectives outlined by Corporate Standards Director.
- 1.2 Identify and establish required tools, competencies, infrastructure, and logistic support.
- 1.3 Provide technical support and implement project management in effective and efficient delivery of corporate standards with focus on customer service.
- 1.4 Drive value realization thru continuous operational improvements and enhancements within the division.
- 1.5 Build customer and stakeholder support, and develop an appropriate change management plan to support the same.
2.0 Specific Accountabilities
Execute the following through collateral relationships with respect to the Director of Corporate Standards, and within context provided by the Director of Corporate Standard (e.g. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance, performance targets, customer services, expectations for continuous improvement, etc);
- 2.1 Provide leadership, direction and supervision of staff in corporate standards development, production and revision.
- 2.2 Develop, establish and implement short and long-term business outlook for the development, production and revision of corporate standards.
- 2.3 Develop and implement revisions, changes, and adaption to strategies, plans, and program direction to resolve issues that arise in realizing the business goals.
- 2.4 Implement integration of corporate strategic goals and initiatives within the business, and in oversee their consistent application in order to realize the overall objectives and direction.
- 2.5 Identify and implement appropriate performance measures and targets related to the achievement of business objectives.
- 2.6 Monitor and assess progress with respect to achievement of strategic plans and related processes.
- 2.7 Identify industry best practices for development, production and revision of corporate standards. Utilize the intelligence to implement corporate standards development, production and revision that will ensure the continued overall consistency and effectiveness in approach with customer focus in mind.
- 2.8 Liaise with suppliers, industry service providers for driving technical specifications towards industry standards and for application of new technologies.
- 2.9 Develop external partnership and alliances, where appropriate to establish synergies in cost efficiencies.
- 2.10 Effectively represent Hydro One on technical matters with professional and industry standards organizations, suppliers, service providers, other utilities, customers and partners.
- 2.11 Develop and manage resource plan/budgets for the department.
- 2.12 Determine baselines for value realization thru benchmarking, and implement cost efficiencies on an ongoing basis.
- 2.13 Develop, implement, and continuously improve the corporate standards development, production and revision initiatives deployed; collaborate and maximize the utilization of SAP whenever possible.
- 2.14 Develop and implement efficient and effective approaches for corporate standards development, production and revision to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to meet implementation objectives with focus on customer service.
- 2.15 Provide mentorship and centre of excellence for continuous training and developing staff including appropriate succession planning and maintenance of competency within the department.
- 2.16 Develop and maintain technical expertise in the division, and support other business units by providing expertise and knowledge.
3.0 Managerial Accountabilities
Manage the business unit and achieve the approved programs and results through:
3.1 Accountability for the output of others:
- a- Set the appropriate context for subordinates (i.e. corporate strategies and policies, accountabilities, tasks, budget and programs, compliance and performance targets, expectations for continuous improvements, etc.).
- b- Set an effective framework for planning, development, production and revision of standards.
- c- Know and ensure own and subordinates’ compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all policies and procedures and generally accepted practices relating to the work of the division.
- d- Establish a two-way working relationship with subordinates to solicit their views of conditions and potential changes affecting their work and continuous improvement opportunities.
3.2 Maintaining a team of subordinates who are capable of producing the outputs required:
- a- Ensure subordinates are able and willing to produce the desired output and that subordinate continually improve the processes for achieving the outputs
- b- Access staff capability to do the required work now and in the future
- c- Conduct personal effectiveness reviews of subordinate to build relationships and trust and improve effectiveness
- d- Mentor and counsel subordinates
3.3 Providing leadership to subordinates, so that they collaborate competently, and with full commitment, with their manager and with each other on pursuing the goals set:
- a- Translate Corporate goals and objectives into a direction which guides the operation of the unit
- b- Communicate that direction to all staff within the unit
- c- Define specific tasks for subordinates, which are required to achieve desired results, and/or to accommodate changes required within the Corporate Standards operations
- d- Communicate expectations regarding the collateral relationship among subordinates
3.4 Providing a safe and healthy work environment:
- a- Provide subordinates with appropriate knowledge, skills, information, work procedures and equipment to facilitate responsible behaviour which will protect their safety and contribute to their health
- b- Provide a work environment and facilities where health and safety incidents are minimized and employees are fully satisfied
- c- Provide a work environment that supports and values diversity, and is free form harassment
- d- Know and ensure subordinate’s compliance with all legal requirements, Corporate and local policies and procedures and generally accepted practices, relating to their work
3.5 Demonstrating stewardship of the assets and resources:
- a- Ensure every reasonable precaution is taken for the protection of subordinates, the environment and the assets
- b- Provide for security of human and physical resources, including information
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email [email protected] Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: Jan 25 2021
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.