Requisition ID: 97913
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Derivatives Technology team is leading the way in developing modern systems to support our Global Capital Markets businesses worldwide.
We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated experienced developer with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. In this role you will need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment.
Is this role right for you?
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades
- Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices
- Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices
- Delegate work and assignments to team members
- Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
- 5+ years of experience with relational or no sql databases.
- Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
- Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
- Previous experience designing mission critical systems
- Worked in an Agile Environment
- Previously worked as a Lead Developer or a Technical Lead
Preferably you will also have experience with-
- REST, Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture
- ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Sql Server, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, Ansible, Docker and multithreading
- Front office trading applications and good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
- Understanding of cloud-based deployment
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.