NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: SRE Leader
LOCATION: Waterloo, Canada
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR ( www.ncr.com ) is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
This Cloud Architect role is responsible for helping the overall cloud architecture for NCR’s Financial Services business unit. The position requires a strong understanding of and practical experience with cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud Platform. Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies covering compute, network, PaaS services, security, and management are expected.
This position reports into Financial Services leadership, and works with Enterprise Architecture, Product Architecture, SRE and Development Teams that guide & implement the SaaS portfolio for NCR’s Financial Service business unit.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of cloud technologies, not just theoretical. The candidate should be able to demonstrate examples of solutions planned, setup, implemented, and supported in the public cloud environments.
- Provide cloud architecture and design guidance to multiple, concurrent programs and projects, while working in a global matrix-managed team environment
- Help to set and guide overall public cloud usage strategy for NCR Financial Service’s business unit.
- Work closely with business partners to understand and capture business requirements and together define cloud solutions to meet the business needs
- Define/Assemble Incident Response Processes for the public cloud
- Liaison to Software Product & SRE Teams
- Capacity Planning for the cloud environments
- SRE Metrics & Monitoring Strategy (SLI, SLO, etc.)
- Backup, HA and DR Strategy
- Partner with the Engineering SRE teams and product teams
- Responsible for SRE Guidelines across Build and Run operations to support delivery pipelines
- Business Operations for the public cloud:
- Contracts management, procurement, financial planning, software license management
- Level 4 cloud infrastructure support
- Schedule and lead cloud architecture reviews.
This position works closely with senior cloud architects within NCR Chief Technology Office that guide the overall cloud strategy and direction for NCR.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Understanding/experience with SRE operational model
- 3+ years experience with Google and/or Azure cloud platforms and technologies (IaaS and PaaS)
- 5+ years datacenter technology, architecture, and operational experience
- 5+ years experience supporting PCI-DSS, ISO27001, SOC2 certifications
- Demonstrated history of innovative thinking and delivery, including disruptive innovation
- Highly organized
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of and experience with cloud native databases such as Microsoft Cosmos, Cassandra, Mongo, or Google Big Query
- Proven experience with defining IT strategies and roadmaps
- Excellent communication, meeting facilitation and listening skills
- Strong negotiation, team working and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationality if needed (note: should be minimal travel for this position)
- Working knowledge of Terraform scripting to develop “infrastructure as code”
- Working knowledge of other cloud automation tools like Ansible, Rundeck, and Chef
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.