What is the opportunity?
As a Full Stack Developer (Sr. TSA), You will work with IT and Business project team members and vendor systems to design, modify, and/or build applications and integrated solutions including third party systems and database servers. You will handle all aspects of IT delivery including coding, testing, documentation and coordination. In this position you will work to develop a target platform, working with other IT partners for the integration of different applications.
What will you do?
- Efficiently perform the day to day design, analysis and development tasks (75%)
- Effectively enable our Business to reach their strategic and transformational objectives (25%)
- Continually optimize our technology and operations cost
- Partners with infrastructure and business teams in order to design solutions and resolve business system issues (i.e. workflow solutions, batch cycle troubleshooting, technical interface issues, software issues, etc.); Works closely with members of the development and QA teams to review requirements and implement solutions
- Evaluates and operates the day-to-day activity with third party vendor.
- Participates in meetings, provide input to presentations, and provides consulting services to business partners and BAs.
- Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
- Participates in walkthrough reviews of specifications and technical designs.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5 or more years previous work experience as a developer or Technical Systems Analyst or integrator
- 3+ years’ work experience on Information Technology projects supporting an enterprise-wide environment
- Experience working on projects developing and implementing applications for business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical skill set, including the ability to transform business logic described in business requirements into solutions that include integration between third-party servers, database servers and vendor solutions
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years in the financial services industry would be an asset with some exposure and/ or experience with Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with SCM tools such as GitHub, exposure or understanding of Python would be an asset
- Knowhow on the Continuous Integration, automated build and deployment process would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of Confluence, Jira would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you. Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/14/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 327037