Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company – and to fulfill that mission, Amazon needs to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders. Amazon’s Recruiting Engine team supports this mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable candidates to find their next amazing career opportunity at Amazon. We are bringing Amazon’s trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession) to recruiting at Amazon.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will provide technical leadership and influence the entire engineering life cycle. You will own many of our hardest problems – translating customer and business needs into workable technology solutions. Ideal candidates have an exceptional program management background and have experience leading large projects spanning multiple teams. Their technical expertise is deep and broad and they are hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs. They are a leader and a mentor, setting excellent examples for your team and the entire Amazon engineering community.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
• 6+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
• Experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules and managing deliverables from multiple teams
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are able to communicate complex technical and project details to a diverse audience
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• Ability to apply best practices to the software and system development lifecycle.
• Experience building and operating customer facing products and enterprise scale distributed systems
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development (including areas such as C, Java, basic network protocols, and web services), project management and release models