Our Information Technology team aspires to be a leader in applying technology to power business strategies. We connect concepts with solutions to create value and efficiencies for our clients, employees, and communities. Our success is driven by our skilled and diverse team who are passionate about excellence, innovation, and agility. As the Senior Systems Developer you will be a driving member of an integral team responsible for developing system-based solutions by formulating programs, developing and maintaining codes and documenting processes for consistency and continuous improvement. You will contribute to a range of highly complex and diverse team initiatives and provide training and support to the members of your team.
Technologies you have experience with:
- You have experience with at least one of the Guidewire suite of products (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter), or a strong Java background.
- Having experience with REST/SOAP and API Web services is an asset.
What you’re responsible for:
- Leading the process of developing a cohesive plan to determine technologies and options for a working solution.
- Developing new code and leveraging existing code to implement system features of medium to large complexity.
- Creating an implementation and troubleshooting plan for a single system.
- Identifying and recommending solutions for application defects, determining root causes and minimizing the introduction of new defects.
- Performing unit testing and project management activities for small to medium sized initiatives, leading system development project teams and providing guidance to junior team members.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
- Rotational on-call schedule, with shifts during evenings and weekends.
- Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- You have five years of experience in Information Technology or a related field.
- You have completed post-secondary education in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- You have working experience with formulating the design and development of new product features, code enhancements, preforming code reviews, and providing technical guidance to others.
- Having experience working in an Agile development and delivery environment is an asset.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.