Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What you bring
At Splunk, a senior engineer has a diverse set of activities and duties. You’ll divide your time between design, coding, testing and mentorship. You’ll foster and advocate quality, design thinking, collaboration and good software engineering practices. You don’t limit yourself to a select set of programming languages, tools or platforms, but instead are ready to dive into any known or unknown technical problem and master any tool and technology that’s right for the job. You have worked on a few different teams and been exposed to different software development methodologies.
What we offer
An abundance of opportunities to have an impact, work with and learn about cutting edge tools and technologies in machine learning and data science, distributed systems, cloud technologies and data processing platforms. A team of hardworking engineers and scientists to collaborate with, learn from and provide mentorship to. Opportunities to grow your career and deliver outstanding features.
- Work with product management and partners to help craft the long and short term vision for the product
- Own features and drive them from design, to coding, testing, and deployment
- Produce and review technical documentation and provide feedback on system architecture
- Perform code reviews and mentor other engineers
- Help improve the overall development process and code quality, identify technical gaps and work with the engineering manager to address those.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Solid experience delivering single-page applications, preferably with React
- Solid experience developing and working with Restful APIs
- Hands on experience hacking on Jupyter ecosystem and in particular Jupyter Lab
- Knowledge of at least one of Python, Go, Java, Scala programming languages
- Experience with software testing and prior exposure to different testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with developing software on a public cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure etc.)
- Familiarity with developing software with containers and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with stream-processing platforms like Kafka, Pulsar, or Flink
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related engineering discipline, or an equivalent number of years of work experience in a related field.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!