Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring a high standard for the operation, reliability and security of our services and platform in the cloud. You will define the SLA/SLO and the process to operate and improve the system. You will work with industry experts to ensure the platform is delivered and operated meeting all security and compliance requirements. You will work with Product Management and other technical teams within Splunk, incorporating new requirements and providing technical information related to this sophisticated ML Platform as needed.
You will work with a team of senior cloud engineers, ML engineers and researchers, experts within their own specialty. You will set an example for this group, as well as set high standard on quality, communication and ability to deliver with deadlines.
You will contribute to architecture and technical decisions while also mentor junior members within the team.
You will be working in a multi-office, multi-location development environment and prior experience working with local and remote teams or groups will be a plus.
While expertise with ML products and their application within enterprise solutions is highly desirable it is not required, provided you are willing to quickly come up to speed and you have some prior experience of ML technology and its application.
- 6+ years software development with focus on large scale distributed systems
- Expertise in developing software with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale, with strong knowledge of the fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Expertise in cloud security and compliance processes.
- Expertise in developing software on a public cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure etc.)
- Passionate about building and encouraging good engineering practices and processes such as continuous integration and deployment etc.
- Experience developing and putting into production test automation and CI/CD systems
Desirable, but not required:
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Hands on experience with Flink
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!