Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the team
The Workday Machine Learning Platform team is seeking an energetic and self-driven Software Development Manager to lead a team in designing, implementing, and delivering highly scalable data processing systems that facilitate Machine Learning at scale. As a leader of this fast paced group you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to lead a highly talented team in shaping and contributing towards the data platform that forms the foundation of Machine Learning practice at Workday.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will not only have broad data engineering experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, engineering and technology best practices, recruiting and building top performing, happy and motivated teams. A keen eye towards security and ability to translate compliance and security requirements into concrete solutions is essential. A strong sense of ownership and teamwork are key to succeed in this role.
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver scalable, secure and reliable solutions
- Actively engage with cross functional teams, PMs and other architects in requirements elaboration and drive technical solutions
- Develop implementation plans and ensure delivery on time with high quality
- Engage with users of the data platform to ensure successful adoption of the platform
- Ensure health and availability of developed services deployed across multiple regions
- Lead design and implementation of data security and governance practices
- Recruit, build and motivate top performing team
- Mentor, guide and facilitate career development of individuals in the team
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience designing and developing high performance systems
- At least 4 years experience in directly leading a team of engineers
- Deep understanding of data and ML systems with ability to think across layers of the stack
- Experience working with technologies like HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Flink, NoSQL databases, Airflow, AWS data services (S3, Glue, Sagemaker, EMR) to build data platforms
- Experience in building, deploying and monitoring services on public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Familiarity with compliance certifications like SOC2, FedRamp, ISO.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills