We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
By joining CIBC’s Capital Markets Enterprise Solutions Groupyou’ll be part of an Agile Scrum team responsible for all aspects of the unit, functional, acceptance testing process and provide suggestions that will ensure client needs are met with the highest quality. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be hands on, creating unit tests, automated test scripts, developing innovative test-first strategies that will help build the bank of the future.
How You’ll Succeed
- Drive Automated Testing: Solution/Create/Execute test automation scripts; design and development of test automation frameworks to drive continuous improvement. Report and manage software concerns and test activities throughout the software development life cycle. Provide status of testing, communicate issues, implement QA standards and policies, and communicate QA schedule. Develop and maintain automated tests for smoke, regression & functional (story acceptance) tests. Assist developers with creating & executing unit tests. Integrate smoke, regression tests to the Azure DevOps pipeline. Create & enhance automated tests for APIs, Databases, Core business logic, message queues. Effectively communicate quality issues identified within a sprint (and outside) and collaborate with software development and product to accelerate issue resolution.
- Leadership Skills – Lead a team of SDETs, provide technical leadership & advice to your team, including ongoing feedback, support, and mentor ship.Proactively identify any potential issues throughout all test phases, and suggest possible improvements or enhancements.
- Test Delivery – Lead the analysis and translation of business requirements into test cases. Design and manage end-to-end testing activities for various projects across the business. Adopt a Test-first approach within the scrum team & help inculcate this culture within the team. Engage the Performance tester(s) for any performance testing needed within the sprint. Continually work towards improving our QA processes and assist BA’s on any exploratory testing as needed.
- Be Agile – Work as part of a Scrum Team & create automated tests for sprint stories as they are developed. Identify non-functional requirements (NFRs) at a story level during refinement/sprint planning & create tests for NFRs for the respective stories within the sprint.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with: 8-10 years of hands on Test Automation, 4 years’ of non-UI Test Automation and at least 2 years’ working within an Agile Scrum Team as well as a solid understanding of Quality Engineering processes. You should have expertise in at least one programming language (such as: .Net, C#, Python, Java) in addition to Continuous Integration tools (such as: Jenkins, Azure DevOps). Ideally, you have hands on experience with Build/Release pipelines as well as RestAPI test automation using SOAP UI or Parasoft SOATest. We’re looking for someone with atleast 4 years of experience leading a Team of SDETs as well as expertise in designing test automation frameworks for various types of applications, as well as hands on experience architecting automation frameworks across several Teams. The incumbent should be well versed with Relational Databases and have the ability to write queries. It’s an asset if: You are familiar with Performance Testing tools (Jmeter, Parasoft LoadTest), static & dynamic code analysis. Previous development experience would beneficial, as would Microsoft Azure certification. Capital Markets knowledge would be an added bonus!
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success.You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-22 Front St., 9th