Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The CloudWatch Logs team builds and manages some of the largest logging systems in the world. CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems.
On the Logs team you’ll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally – there’s not many team’s that can say that!
This is a full-stack development position, leaning towards back-end work.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Vancouver office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
• 4+ years of experience in software development focusing on large scale distributed systems.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C, C++, GoLang, Java, or Python including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
• Strong sense of ownership and drive
• Background in supporting large scale software implementations
• Knowledge of networking concepts and AWS infrastructures services
• Experience mentoring software or system engineers