OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We are looking for a versatile lead engineer who will work across the many high-impact projects the hiring team is responsible for. This candidate needs to display leadership and self-motivation qualities and be enthused to take on new problems across various languages and platforms. They will contribute to the tooling, platforms and applications produced by the team to support OpenText’s products and engineers alike. This is a key role within Engineering and one at the very heart of OpenText’s future, the successful candidate is almost certain to find themselves in a career defining role.
As a Senior software engineer in this team you will be contributing to:
- The OpenText OT2 Platform, OpenText’s next-generation Information Management as a Service platform that enables development of multi-tenant SaaS Applications by internal and external developer communities
- Bridging the gap between product development teams and Cloud Operations teams, with specific focus on accelerating time to market, reliability engineering, Technology Obsolescence management and reducing software failures
- DevOps practices incorporating Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Testing and Continuous Monitoring to improve Reliability and Time to Fix incidents
- Enforcement of Architecture and Design Standards, Security Polices and proving guidance for applications and services that are being developed on the OT2 Platform.
You are great at:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving cloud-first software infrastructure and solutions.
- Developing or exploiting a PaaS (Platform as a Service) capability that enables delivery of new service capabilities and facilitates development of Applications
- Embedding DevOps and Agile practices with experience in leveraging CI and CD tools to automate testing and deployment in a face-paced, working across multiple stakeholders developing and operating Services and SaaS Applications
- Working with and developing for major cloud platforms such as K8s, Cloud Foundry, Anthos, etc.
- Building highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in the cloud, including web services, web, iOS, and Android.
- Embracing and driving Agile Practices – Assisting in task management and Agile planning, managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Being proactive – willing to work on any problem, and willing to find solutions when they fall outside your area of direct expertise
- Working as a member of a team and pitching in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments
- Mentoring junior team members with regard to code design, testing and standards.
- Working with multiple internal engineering and operational teams to understand and respond to their needs around the platforms and applications maintained by the hiring team.
- Keeping a level head in a pressured environment
- Working with geographically dispersed teams
What it takes:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience, with at least 2 years in a technical leadership / architecture role.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in modern web programming including AngularJS, NodeJS, React, JQuery
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Familiarity with professional software engineering practices across the entire development life cycle; coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You have experience working in Devops.
- You have hands on experience working on CI/CD pipeline improvements / automation.
- Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with Java microservices in Spring Cloud and Spring Boot
- Development experience designing, developing and maintaining REST-based interfaces and their clients
- Familiarity with cloud computing. SaaS and PaaS.
- Experience working in Cloud Services of AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Strong interest, and the ability to, learn other coding languages, databases, platforms and tools as needed.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience with network programming, websockets, Netty framework
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected] Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) , Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act