Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Workday Projects provides an end-to-end solution to plan, staff, track, manage, and analyze projects, talent, and financials in one system. Using Workday Projects, customer can eliminate reconciliation, gain insight into what makes teams and projects successful, and learn ways to improve resource utilization and project profitability.
The team’s overall goal is to provide high business value for our customers by accelerating the delivery of our product features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality that our customers expect from the Workday financial applications and does all of this in fun and collaborative environment!
What We Look For
We are looking to grow our development team of talented Software Application Developers with skills in developing enterprise applications. It’s an opportunity to use cloud technology to improve experiences for our customers and to push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications. The successful candidate will:
- Have experience designing performant, scalable, and resilient applications
- Understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- Take initiative, exhibits creative thinking, has the drive to turn ideas into reality, and has a passion for user experience
- See software development as a team activity and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile environment where you’re always teaching and learning.
About the Role
As a Software Application Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems, which comes with developing and delivering global mission critical enterprise software using your expertise in design, coding, algorithms, and complexity analysis. Your primary focus will be to:
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements
- Take initiative, exhibit creative-thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Solve challenging problems in an Application related to performance, scalability, and resilience
- Design and develop an OO product in a metadata-driven development environment
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using an OO framework and tools
- Write reliable unit, integration, and system level tests that will run on our CD pipeline.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, knowledge shares, hackathons, etc.
- 8+ years of proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a full development lifecycle.
- 3+ years in Object Oriented (OO) design and development experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, C#, etc.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and UML Modeling
- Experience with unit testing tools like JUnit and/or other test-driven development tools
- Experience in building large scale enterprise business application (in the area of Financials is preferred
- Experience with Web application development, SaaS (Software as a Service), Web Services and XML technologies is preferred
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Learn more about Application Development at Workday:
Workday CTO: Why Technology Architecture Matters to Customers
Technology behind Workday’s Innovative Applications