Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Project Manager, IT you will join CIBC’s Digital, Credit Cards & Contact Center Technology team – Project Delivery Card Products & Client Account Management – and be instrumental to the on-going success of our delivery team by managing medium to large scale Application Development and Business Transformation projects, working collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, and technical resources. This is a client-facing role with high visibility and exceptional opportunities for recognition and growth.
How You’ll Succeed
- Lead diverse projects & teams – from project initiation to post-implementation using CIBC Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Successfully plan, execute, control and close projects against defined scope and budget using CIBC procedures and policies. Provide estimations for time lines, resources and budgets. Support the development of project plans and project schedules making adjustments as required. Accurately track & report project status, budget, issues, risks and action items.
- Build Strong Relationships – Relationships will be key and your ability to build mutual trust essential to ensure success. Working closely with stakeholders from our Cards technology team, internal technology partners, strategic technology vendors, business partners and process teams, you will guide and direct teams on delivery of defined scope, and use influencing skills to impact decision making.
- Problem & Issue Resolution – Drive problems and issues to resolution, ensure impacts are analyzed and documented, issue owners are identified, and action items are assigned.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with a minimum of 7 years managing large, complex projects with multi-million dollar budgets, and managing multiple, simultaneous projects. You are an expert with Office Productivity tools including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels, including Senior Management and Executives. PMP Certification and experience working in Financial Institutions and Credit Cards is considered an asset.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-750 Law Ave. W., E3