We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Our exhaustive practice covers the full spectrum of engineering services, from traditional projects to emerging technology-driven fields.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Maintain relationships with Clients while administering the day-to-day operations related to completion of project deliverables, securing municipal approvals and any other project objectives.
- Analyze the project scope, budget, the client’s RFP and IBI Group's proposal.
- Supervise the Company’s responsibilities for appropriate engineering of technical designs, and construction and administration of contracts.
- Coordination with project team and approval agencies.
- Support the Team Leaders in building their client base by cross selling services across the Company.
- Prepare and update detailed ‘Project Plan’ including scope of work, schedule, budgets.
- Lead regular project team meetings and work directly with the Team Leader, Project Engineers and Project teams and supervise workload.
- Monitor Work In Progress; identify any deviation from the ‘Project Plan’ and secure written approval from the Client for additional work budgets prior to commencing work.
- Prepare monthly project invoices and detailed work descriptions.
- Monitor project Accounts Receivables (AR) and follow up with Clients when applicable.
- Effectively adhere to company developed QA/QC practices and processes
- Assist and co-ordinate the efforts of the Team Leader, such as resource management, business development, workload and revenue forecasting and preparation of the annual Business Plan.
- Prepare proposals for potential projects including preparation of detailed work plans and fee estimates.
- Attend industry chapter meetings and events.
- All other duties assigned.
You'll need to have:
- 8+ years of Post Graduate industry related experience in Land Development.
- Previous experience with a developer or municipality is an asset.
- P. Eng designation is preferred.
- PMP designation would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Effective project management and technical skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic, motivation, interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.