We are looking to hire for this role in Toronto, Seattle, or Boulder. Also open to Bay Area or New York City.
Passionate about Big Data and Distributed Systems? Interested in building new state-of-the-art products at Petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest big data analytics platforms at Amazon. We are responsible for end to end processing of impressions, views, and clicks as well as video interaction events or rich media events in ads. We are applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available on terabytes of data a day (over 30B new events per day) operating Petabyte size clusters. Our data must always be the fastest, most high fidelity data as it is both billable, critical to checking the heartbeat of a campaign and changes to made to the campaigns while in flight, and part of the measure of success for a campaign.
Candidates for this position should be creative, demonstrated leader to create strategy and product solutions for ad traffic measurement. You will focus on video ads measurement and reporting, and will be start-up for us in this space. This function will define a product vision and roadmap for reporting and analyzing the performance of our high growth video ads business. You will work closely with ad product owners and advertisers deeply understand needs of customers, use that information to define customer experience of video ad reporting and develop multi-year roadmaps that will lead to success for customers globally using our measurement products.
• Owning successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional product initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects
• Building and managing high quality product roadmaps.
• Driving strategic cross-functional planning with business product managers and engineering leads that include dependency identifications, resourcing plans and defining product strategy
• Gaining support for your strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership
• Creating program goals and related metrics, tracking progress and managing through obstacles to achieve your objectives
• Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on plans, status, and critical issues
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• 5+ years of experience as a product manager, project manager or program manager.
• Experience translating customer needs into innovative and detailed product requirements for customer-facing online products
• Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data to illustrate business conclusions
• Experience working with technical teams to describe software product features and technical designs
• Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Strong sense of ownership in order to proactively remove obstacles, and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that might block successful product delivery
• Solid understanding of product development methodologies (waterfall and agile), and ability to apply them appropriately to manage programs effectively
• Creative problem solver. Proactively take initiative without asking
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or related field
• Experience delivering technical products in Advertising industry
• Experience building technical products in Cloud
• Experienced on big data technologies including Spark, Hive, Pig, Hadoop, etc.
• Experience in data collection, model building, testing and validation.
• Experience driving multifaceted, cross functional initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
• Demonstrated ability to innovate with a strong customer and quality focus
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.