OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The Carbonite/Webroot Product management team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager with a track record of driving new products and new capabilities from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption. This person will be responsible for existing and new products within our Consumer portfolio.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the Consumer team, you will participate in the definition of the strategy, and own the execution for products sold direct, Online, Retail and distributor channels globally. Working closely with Development, UX, Sales, Product Marketing and, Marketing teams you will be an authority and evangelist on activities in this space.
We are seeking a senior product manager who can build solid business cases for investments, can make market and data-driven decisions, and is comfortable making difficult tradeoff decisions. You must be able to craft, communicate and pursue our vision with key business stakeholders within the company.
To be successful in this role you will possess a blend of business and technical savvy. And must be able to combine a big-picture perspective with the drive to focus on the details and make the vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand what opportunities exist and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You will be or become a domain expert on consumer security/data protection technologies and market. You will gain deep knowledge of Customer behaviors, software sales and marketing strategies. Defining the value and measuring the impact of features is a key part of the role, an analytical approach is a must. Translating this market insight to epics/stories and partnering with development to bring features to market are critical skills.
Growing our Consumer user base and renewals is a priority for Carbonite/Webroot and you will have the opportunity to make a big impact in our $250M+ annual business. You will be competing head-to-head with well-funded and entrenched competition and will ensure our customers receive the security solution they value.
We use Agile (Scrum) development methodology, and you will work with engineering counterparts to execute the product roadmap and define the associated release requirements for the development team.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Six Months:
- Gain deep market and product understanding and insight
- Understand our market strengths and weaknesses
- Own the near-and long-term roadmap
- Support the execution of integration of WSA and Carbonite Safe
- Define and execute Discovery for new or previously identified initiatives
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Lead the definition, delivery and go-to-market of new releases and features
- Own, define, communicate and advocate the business strategy
- Influence internal stakeholders from Dev, Sales, Marketing, Support, etc
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’
- Determine the migration plan for existing customers to the Safe Portal
Key Challenges to Overcome
The Consumer team has received additional funding to execute some critical projects. This work requires coordination between multiple teams and the PM will be a key part of managing that coordination. Our solutions include endpoint apps, mobile, web portals and API/SDKs.
Modeling new opportunities, needs, gaps and making solid recommendations on prioritization for future work is also key pending work. The successful candidate must demonstrate a balance of technical and business savvy and success in influencing multiple collaborators. Experience integrating and enhancing existing products is a plus.
What will make you successful at OpenText:
- A track record of good judgment and data-based decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently validate high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Ability to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected] Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) , Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act