OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
If you are passionate about building innovative and delightful enterprise software products and are not afraid to deep dive into the technical details, then we’re looking for you. As a Product Manager in the Analytics Business Unit, you will join a dynamic and fast-paced team and work cross-functionally to define, design, build and launch the next generation of content migration and data integration products for today’s Big Data and cloud environments.
The OpenText Magellan Analytics Suite is amongst the most established enterprise-grade Analytics platforms. Major financial institutions and numerous customers in virtually all industry verticals rely on it to gain actionable insights from their data. This is an opportunity for a passionate, driven PM to feel like the CEO of a cutting-edge business and be rewarded for the success of its new offerings!
The ideal candidate should have strong technical background, business acumen and customer focus. The candidate should have a vision which challenges the status quo and the drive and technical skill to deliver this vision.
You are great at:
- Proactively identify, build the business case for, and drive the platform, Big Data and cloud enablement projects that make the OpenText Magellan Analytics Suite platform even more successful
- Develop in-depth knowledge and become the go-to expert for your assigned products/features
- Prioritize product enhancements and customer requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Passionately represent the voice of the customer/user to internal stakeholders, by developing deep understanding of all relevant user types (how they work and think) through qualitative and quantitative research
- Write user stories/product requirements and work closely with Engineering and UX to implement them
- Actively participate in creating, communicating and executing the Analytics product roadmap
What it takes:
- Hands-on, technical background: Love for technology and proven ability to deep dive into the technical details to identify and drive the needed platform, Big Data and cloud enablement projects
- Passion for and proven ability to understand customer/market needs and deliver features that genuinely benefit users and make great business sense
- Understanding of agile product management and engineering practices and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to define product functionality well
- Strong presentation, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a MUST!
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Enterprise software industry experience in Engineering, solution architect, technology consulting or technical PM roles in the Analytics and Big Data areas
- Solid platform, Big Data and cloud enablement knowledge and hands-on experience
- Knowledge of Analytics and Big Data technologies and landscape
- Hands-on experience with at least two BI/Analytics products (e.g. Actuate, MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, NiFi) and virtualization/cloud (e.g. Docker, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes) technologies/platforms
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected] Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) , Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act