Canada Workday ULC
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Performance Engineer Role
Hands-on test planning, test development, testing and defect submission. This includes system test areas such as Stress, Reliability, Recovery, Configuration and Performance testing. Develop, execute and analyze test results to ensure that the product functions per requirements. Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify the root cause of a test failure. Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- 5+ years of benchmark testing, performance analysis using industry standard benchmarks software tools.
- Development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Deep knowledge of Java and its internals (e.g. JVM performance tuning, GC mechanisms, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of thread and heap dump analysis
- Familiar with Java Profiling & APM Software (e.g. JProfiler, YourKit, Eclipse Memory Analyzer, DynaTrace, Introscope, collectd, Ganglia etc.)
- Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
- Expert level understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk & network and the ability to debug bottlenecks associated with any of them
- Solid Working knowledge of HTTP load generation / measurement software (e.g. LoadRunner, JMeter, TestMaker, Silk Performer, Fiddler, Firebug)
- Good experience with synthetic load generation and simulation
- Good Understanding of Application/Web Servers and their performance (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Jetty preferred)
- Good Understanding of MySQL query plan analysis/tuning, replication, contention/locking analysis and tuning
- Good understanding of JMX. Should have some experience in developing / using custom applications using JMX such as jmxtrans
- Good understanding of container technology preferably docker
- Good understanding of Kubernetes
- Good understanding with streaming systems such as Kafka and Flink
- Good understanding of modern system architecture specially around distributed systems.
- Good understanding of AWS ecosystem
- Familiar with NoSQL data stores & caching systems such as memcached, Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Familiar with search platforms such as Apache Solr, ElasticSearch etc.
- Familiar with CI software such as Jenkins, Hudson etc.
- Familiar with J2EE Technologies (e.g. JSP, Servlets, EJB, WebServices, SOA)
- Familiar with the Hadoop BigData technologies such as HDFS, HBase, MapReduce, Zookeeper etc.
- Familiar with creating / deployments using one of the Linux package management systems such as RPM, deb, tar, tgz, yum
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking topology, routers, switches
- Working knowledge of Network packet sniffers (e.g. TcpDump, Network Monitor, WinDump, EtherPeek, Observer)
- Ability to understand and to some extent write java/scala code
- Scripting proficiency in language of choice preferably python or unix shells