Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Sr. Mobile Backend Engineer is a critical senior role within the mobile technology team. This individual will help lead a team to design, develop, manage and expand backend support to our award-winning mobile applications that are critical to our omni channel strategy. The position will be responsible for helping to set technology strategy and direction, will make decisions on the technology used and will work closely with product management teams and business leaders to develop corresponding roadmaps. The position requires advanced-level knowledge of Cloud and Big data technologies especially when it comes to supporting a world class performant mobile app.
Who You Are:
- You painlessly overcome obstacles while respecting others’ points of view and positions
- You believe that teamwork is critical for long lasting success
- You understand the importance and value of building rapport and strong relationships
- You have a demonstrated ability to quickly shift priorities without being totally thrown off
- You are able to work independently and can prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- You have proven time management skills and are comfortable managing multiple projects and dealing with shifting priorities
- You are flexible, and can adapt to change well
- You should be a highly driven and results oriented individual, comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, and changing environment
- Someone who works well under pressure, you are flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced, complex retail environment
- You respond well to change and a loosely structured, fast paced environment
As the Sr. Mobile Backend Engineer, You Will:
- Mobile application subject matter expert beyond the basic developer experience, to include significant project experience
- Become SME on custom WebKit based hybrid platform
- Interface with Web and Analytics team in order to deliver on hybrid mobile apps
- Lead development and delivery through team leads and architects, overseeing the work to ensure quality and timely delivery applications that are highly scalable and support defined business requirements
- Review business objectives and high-level requirements as defined by product management providing analysis and feedback
- Work with Product and Project Senior Leaders to develop the overall roadmaps and milestone-based plans
- Oversee work associated with installation, customization and integration efforts
- Oversee the translation complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
- Be a strong technical leader who can work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery.
- Serve as a leader for team members to learn from regarding the mobile technologies, development and delivery processes, and overall leadership of people and technology
- Participate in internal process improvements, quality control and efficiency measures
- Additional Responsibilities as required
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability in leading small teams to efficiently execute in delivery of mobile applications
- Extensive experience with iOS, Swift, OOP
- Extensive experience with WebKit
- Experience in front end web technologies (DOM Anatomy, js/css injection, debugging through console)
- Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems related to mobile applications implementation including debugging performance issues related to web page load times
- Ability to interact with users and product managers to create end-to-end specifications for mobile applications
- Provide guidance and production support
- Knowledge of version control systems (GITHUB)
- Experience with Agile software development (using Jira)
- Nice to Haves:
- Experience with backend node.js
- Experience with Commerce Cloud Storefront
- Experience with SaelsForce OCAPI
How Often You May Travel:
- 10% within North America
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.