The AWS Marketplace team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Senior Software Manager. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the cloud commerce space and will help us scale our business and impress our customers.
As a leader of other senior engineering leaders, you will influence and drive architectural and design choices and develop world-class interfaces. Our team culture encourages innovation and we expect engineers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. We need a leader who can cut through the noise, passionately simplify, deliver results, and manage a diverse team.
The AWS Marketplace business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 10+ years of professional experience in software development
• 7+ years of experience managing an Agile team of software development engineers
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically while remaining hands-on.
• Prior experience with agile methodologies and a fast-paced environment.
• You are comfortable creating and driving a product roadmap.
• Proficient in distributed systems and software services.
• You have strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field.