Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are also responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Technology, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm’s businesses.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced algorithmic trading Java developer to support the Delta One Central Risk Book business. The candidate should possesses good analytical skills, strong software engineering skills, a logical approach to problem solving. The role involves building, deploying & supporting algorithmic trading strategies, analytical tools and scalable trading engine infrastructure, working as part of a fast-moving IT / quant / trading team. The candidate should be a problem solver, and be able to bring with them some positivity and enthusiasm in trying to think about and offer potential solutions for architectural considerations with a can-do attitude.
– Strong technology background with advanced knowledge of Java and Java based technology stack (minimum 10 years)
– Interest in developing systems for automated market making, DMA or algo trading group in liquid markets (equities, FX, liquid rates, etc.) using FIX protocol
– An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
– Good Linux fundamentals
– Ability to translate high-level business requirements into detailed functional, technical, and system specifications
– Experience with web service development, REST, TypeScript knowledge with preferably Angular framework
– Experience with low-latency technologies
– Knowledge of agile software development environments
– Experience with Git/Stash and Jenkins
– Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, PhantomJS
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
*Video dated October 2019.