We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be joining CIBC’s Capital Market’s Commercial Banking, Payments & Wealth Management Technology division, working closely with others to manage a portfolio of projects from end-to-end. As an Sr. IT Project Manager supporting Payment Modernization, you’ll manage the day to day project or Program activities of highly complex project(s), or inter-related strategic program following Technology’s project performance standards.
How You’ll Succeed
- Portfolio Management – Ensure projects meet the requirements of CIBC’s standards, policies and procedures; that all necessary risk assessments and risk assessment processes are carried out at the appropriate time including Architecture Governance, Security Threat Risk Assessment, and Operational Gating. Oversee budget allocation across operations, maintenance and projects.
- Business Relationships – Work closely with our internal business partners as well as external vendors; Manage statements of work, contracts development and administration. Utilize knowledge and experience in industry and of technology trends, ensuring alternatives are evaluated and make recommendations on best fit to business problem at a program level; evaluate issues/risks and mitigation alternatives to identify best recommendations for the program success and communicate to executive stakeholders.
- Deliver Flawlessly – Analyze complex business problems and possible alternative solutions given the technical standards of CIBC and make recommendation to sponsor/senior management. Identify anything that will take projects off schedule and find solutions to correct the problem. Monitor milestones, and ensure they’re completed according totimelines and budgets. Work with the team to identify areas to improve the efficiency of the practices and procedures used by the team and conformance to standards of tools and reporting.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with: Project Management methodology, principles, and tools, with 7 – 10 years of experience as a seasoned IT Project Manager with responsibility over 5 – 10M+ budgets. You have previous experience with Payment Modernization, Digital applications, managing financials and working with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Excel and PowerPoint. Ideally, you are well versed with Stakeholder Relationship Management, can manage 2- 3 projects of medium to high complexity and are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, adhering to tight timelines. This role will utilize your expertise with project delivery supporting Agile focused work. It’s an asset if: You have experience relating to UI/UX, API’s, Cloud, DevOps and have previous experience working within the Financial Services/Banking domain. Program/Portfolio Management and PM planning software (such as Planview/MS Project) is also beneficial.
- You have a degree/diploma in Business and/or a related field of study. It’s an asset if: you have your MBA or PMP Designation.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
55 Yonge St, 12th floor