Job ID: JR0152758
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC CA
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Sr. Firmware Engineer – SK
This position is associated with the sale of Intel’s NAND memory and storagebusiness to SK Hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release – https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business’ storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel – come join our Data Center NAND Division as a Firmware Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Firmware Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix.
Candidates being hired for Phase 1
This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK Hynix.
Responsibilities & Duties
We are seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our talented SSD firmware team. In this position you will be responsible for embedded development of production code for new cutting-edge NAND memory products.
Areas of focus include Thermal & Power Management, peripheral drivers, and developing advanced Telemetry and debug capabilities.
We are a collaborative team that champions quality by taking responsibility for the validation and integration of code we develop. Communication and engagement with cross-functional teams in firmware, hardware, validation, and architecture are important ingredients to the success of this role.
Qualifications & Experience
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
– 4+ years of related experience in firmware or software development.
– 6+ years of experience in C/C++ programming.
Highly Desired Skills:
– Experience with firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, and emulators.
– Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, diagnose root cause and apply corrective actions.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong analytical, integration, testing and debugging skills.
– Experience with ARM processors and assembly language.
– Experience with CPU multitasking concepts including: task switching, deadlocks, interrupts and resource management.
– Experience with multi-core CPU embedded development.
– Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
– Experience with low power optimization in embedded systems.
– Experience scripting with Python or similar.
– Experience with interface standards such as PCIe, NVMe, UART, and DDR4.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.