Who We Are & What We Do
The Hillman Group services a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Industrial, Retail and Agricultural channels. We have products in Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Walmart and more! Have you ever done any home improvement projects? If so, you likely know our products.
The Hillman Group Canada employs over 700 employees in 2 manufacturing facilities and 7 distribution facilities across Canada. We have a great group of professionals whose dedication and teamwork form the backbone of our company.
Title: Sr. Financial Analyst – Pricing
Location: Scarborough, ON
This position is a key member of the Finance team and is responsible for establishing business partner relationships cross functionally with sales, marketing and operations team(s).
- Responsible for identifying market/margin growth opportunities through analytics while evaluating potential sales opportunities through the completion of a P&L.
- Cost analysis – standard/average costing, PPV reviews and margin sensitivity analysis
- Review and analytics of customer rebate agreements
- Establish new pricing solutions as needed as well as provide analysis on existing business to optimize profitability, work with sales to identify, create, and implement pricing strategies to improve and maximize profitability.
- Identify opportunities for margin/mix improvement, matrix pricing, track commodities and adjust pricing as needed. Maintain and report market trends by customer segments and interpretation of competitor tactics
- Budgeting, forecasting as well as monthly financial reviews & analysis with the executive team.
- Analyze and review product / gross margins by customer on a monthly basis
- Partner with sales & marketing groups to manage price changes and make appropriate recommendations for margin improvements.
- Partner with operations team on cost reductions and continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze and interpret monthly financial results and underlying data to explain variances to budget, prior periods and forecast on a pro-active basis
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, or CPA, CGA) or near completion
- 5 years+ pricing and finance experience preferably in an industrial distribution environment
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise 1 (E1), Business Intelligence or Gains Demand Planning Software an asset
- Experience with cost accounting (standard costing + average costing), inventory analysis in a manufacturing environment
- High Proficiency in Excel, Power BI, Hyperion and BI tools
- Strategic thinker, good communicator and exceptional problem solver.
- Ability to communicate financial objectives and requirements
- Performs function with a sense of purpose and a degree of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills (oral & written)
- Flexibility to work overtime as required to meet tight deadlines
If you are interested in joining a fun and collaborative work environment, apply today!
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
The Hillman Group Canada ULC
900 Passmore Ave., Scarborough, ON M1X 0A1 • Tel: (416) 694-3351 • hpaulin.com • hillmangroup.ca Linkedin.com/company/the-hillman-group/
- Job Family Canada
- Pay Type Salary