Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Sr Finance Analyst Costing, Prepared Meats Operations – Meadowvale (12 month contract)
The Senior Finance Analyst is responsible for changes of Bill of Material. This person works closely with marketing, plant finance, commercial finance and product development. Success in this position will be achieved by consistently demonstrating strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, organizational skills, attention to detail and the leadership edge values. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager, PM Operations.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Set-up and modification on BOM’s (Bill of Materials) in SAP
- Cost estimate for new product launches and modifications to existing products
- Timely completion of all manufacturing-initiated change requests
- Completion of weekly tracking sheet for Bill of Material changes
- Support creation of monthly COP (Cost of Product) file for all plants
- Support weekly and monthly cost rolls
- Be active and participate in ad hoc projects as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or finance discipline
- A professional accounting designation and/or sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Exposure to an SAP environment would be an asset
- Proven ability to analyze issues, think strategically and develop resourceful solutions
- Well organized, with strong prioritization skills allowing the management of multiple competing tasks
- Strong and effective communication skills and the ability to interact well with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve processes and deliver on planned objectives
- Advanced Microsoft Office (excel) skills and strong system skills preferably in SAP
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.