We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer who combines solid technical credentials for the position of Lead Software Engineer within our Infrastructure Hosting and Networks team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Thomson Reuters.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and high performing team at the heart of the Thomson Reuters transformation, developing cloud native applications and services focusing on Amazon Web Services and Document Management services. This group is nimble and creative and will shape our technology roadmap. This role is instrumental to enable the current and future world of cloud computing at Thomson Reuters. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the needs of our customers.
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
About the Role
Perform daily tasks and ongoing projects relative to operational and application support of shared platform systems. These tasks include monitoring, backup / restores, application availability, scheduled/non-scheduled maintenance, release management, code deployment and configuration management.
- Interact with stakeholders to understand scope and prioritization of product needs.
- Troubleshooting efforts in large scale/microservice architected systems and provide on-site technical escalation assistance.
- Drive efficiency and accuracy through scripting, automation, documentation and continual process improvement while working closely with the development team.
- Be on-call for off-hour support issues to manage incident escalation and resolution. Oversee and provide escalation point for rotating on-call and daytime incident response shifts.
- Participate in testing and performance activity related to system stability and scalability.
In this role you will use following tools & technologies
- Windows and Linux Servers
- MSSQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL Database Servers, Netflix OSS Technologies
- Tomcat, Apache and IIS Applications Servers
- Microsoft Exchange
- SAN, NAS and Cloud Storage
- Software deployment and lifecycle management software
- Public and Private Cloud Technologies
- Are an excellent communicator and can present information effectively
- If you can collaborate successfully across geographic boundaries, time-zones, cultural differences.
- Take ownership of problems, think critically, identify solutions, and drive the resolution.
- Host cloud native applications with Amazon Web Services and understand native cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Write Linux/Unix Shell scripts, Windows scripts, or develop with Python or other programming languages
- Administer databases and Windows and/or Open Source (Linux) Systems
- Have used Containerization technologies like Docker and/or Configuration Management technologies like Spring Config
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth – the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series, etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor, and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility: We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.