Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and production issues
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Understand company needs to define enterprise system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of an enterprise GIS technology solution(s)
- Collaborating with other GIS software professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX)
- Must have skill and strong development experience in Oracle Spatial Database or PostgreSql with PostGIS
- Expert level knowledge and use of SQL query language and stored procedures.
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- An understanding of location services (Geocoding)
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (mostly in English)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most – Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Intrado’s Life & Safety division is responsible for some critical parts of our everyday life. Our solutions are responsible for everything that happens after a 9-1-1 call is placed – call routing, delivery, location determination and data management. Whether you call from a landline, cell phone or text 9-1-1, we make sure first responders get the right information at the right time so they can save lives.
Intrado also provides notifications to the utilities, healthcare and educational sectors. Our platform provides multi-modal communications that meet an individual’s contact preference and routes over 4 billion notifications each year. At the end of the day, Intrado believes that keeping people in our communities safe, connected and healthy is a top priority.