LogiSense Corporation is a well-established software company with a rapidly growing business in Enterprise, Communications and Internet of Things (IoT) markets. As a leading provider of subscription and usage-based billing software as a service, we are well positioned to capitalize on the ever-increasing need to enable our customers to transform their business in the age of the digital economy. We are expanding and looking for an outstanding Sr. Cloud Systems Administrator. If you are smart, a strong team player, passionate about what you do, and looking for a place where you can truly influence the direction of the product, the team, and the approach, we’d love to hear from you!
Our head office is located in Cambridge, Ontario, minutes from the 401 and near the centre of the Toronto-Waterloo Technology Corridor. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working from home until June 2021 with potential for extension.
What you’ll do
- Drive adoption of cloud hosting standards and industry best practices
- Mentor other members of the systems administration team as well as external teams
- Develop and document our cloud infrastructure and new technical solutions
- Investigate and troubleshoot day-to-day performance issues and own corrective actions
- Assist in installation and configuration of Logisense suite of applications and auxiliary services for new and existing clients
- Identify and implement automation improvements, increasing the speed of delivery of both corporate and production workloads.
- Be responsible for projects which may occur outside standard business hours
- Work with pre-sales solution architects to ensure that proposed solution designs are compatible with operational standards.
- Perform cost quoting exercises for new initiatives.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvement in day to day activities.
- Lead the evaluation, recommendation, and adoption of cloud security, monitoring, and automation products.
- Maintain security by ensuring compliance to corporate standards, policies, and procedures
- Participate in the on call rotation with other members of the Technical Operations team
- Participate in, and sometimes lead incident response
- Participate in system audits as needed
What you’ll bring
- A passion for technology and unwavering willingness to learn
- High motivation, self starting, driven personality with a desire to go the extra mile
- Laser-sharp attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment with shifting priorities
- Proven task management skills
- 5+ years of experience with the following AWS services: EC2, S3, VPC, Load Balancers, WAF, Cloudfront, Lambda, CloudTrail, SSM
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server and IIS
- 8+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Cross disciplinary skills that allow you to work effectively with both networking and systems technologies.
- Solid ability to troubleshoot Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong understanding of both logical and physical web architecture best practices
- Experience managing Linux servers
- Above average proficiency with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python).
- Experience with automation of orchestration technologies (Rundeck, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle & best practices (CI/CD, source control, etc)
- Working knowledge of .NET, C#, Node.js
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience working with Infrastructure monitoring platforms and APM
- Familiarity with RabbitMQ or other message brokers
- Proven capability of maintaining composure under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of PCI and SOC compliance requirements
- A professional-level AWS certification (Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer)
- Familiarity with Kanban
- Familiarity with IP technology including Billing, VoIP, Wireless, Hosted Communications, M2M
- Working experience with New Relic APM, New Relic Infrastructure and Sumo Logic
Today’s commercial environment is highly complex with a matrixed ecosystem of consumers, business, devices and applications generating transactions that require metering, measurement and monetization. LogiSense provides Enterprises with complete agility and flexibility in real-time subscription and usage based billing models and subscriber management for every conceivable digital transaction. Through its award-winning cloud-based billing platform, LogiSense is leading the charge to revolutionize the way companies do business-converting cost centers into revenue generating units. We offer a casual but fast-paced work environment, a competitive compensation package, opportunities for growth, and many other perks. For more information please visit our website at www.logisense.com.
LogiSense is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.