Position at Wind River
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
About the opportunity
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing Senior Member of the Technical Staff for a software engineering leadership position installing, configuring, customizing, integrating, debugging/problem solving and supporting cloud-based platforms and software development environments that span multiple Wind River and third-party products. This position is in our Customer Success / Professional Services organization – so you will be working with internal teams like Engineering, Customer Support and Field Engineering as well as external teams at our Customer sites. While much of the work can be done remotely, expect up to 40% domestic and potentially international travel.
The successful candidate must have hands-on experience in cloud-native software development, service or support and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must. Technical leadership of junior engineers is also expected.
- Deliver and maintain cloud infrastructure, spanning on-premise solutions and public cloud instances like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Configure and customize features to the infrastructure using Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins and other cloud-based tools.
- You will be responsible to manage and maintain integrations between tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, JIRA and many more.
- Modify user interfaces and reporting options for these tools as required to support Customer needs.
- Have a broad understanding of various cloud-native tools and how they might be integrated into the above.
- Lead more junior engineers to help you complete the need Customer activities.
- AWS and/or Azure experience.
- Deep hands-on Kubernetes, Docker, EKS/AKS experience.
- Hands-on usage of Git and Jenkins.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Go and C/C++.
- 3+ years of experience of cloud native DevOps.
- 10+ years working in software development, customer support or professional services.
- Solid understanding of software engineering workflows and developer tools.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and real-time operating systems/environments.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree).
- US Person on US soil.
- Broad cloud-native tool experience (examples might include Cloudify, Terraform, Podman, Helm, Ceph, S3/EBS, Hadoop, Tekton, Min.io, Kafka, Nifi, etc.)
- Microsoft or Amazon cloud certifications desired (Solutions Architect, SysOps Admin.
- Multi-region AWS and/or Azure experience.
- Experience implementing Customer-specific Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning solutions (data science, analytics, ML models, Postgres/SQL/databases/data lakes, etc.)
- Cloud-based security understanding and hands-on work (TLS/mTLS, Tonzy, ISTIO, penetration testing, threat assessment, FIPS 140-2/3, STIGs, etc.)
- Government security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance a plus.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Diversity is foundational for Wind River’s business success. We want to be a workplace of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives offered by a diverse workforce. Wind River does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotions and transfers, compensation and benefits, and social and recreational programs.
Wind River desires to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations, Wind River provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees are examined on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interviewing, hiring or at any other time during the employment process. You can email us at: [email protected]. Please do not include personal medical information in the email.
More information about federal laws that prohibit job discrimination can be found at: