As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect you will focus on delivering innovative solutions to our public sector customers by accelerating their adoption of cloud and driving the value of their investment in AWS. Utilizing your broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations you will create solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. You will work with customers to assist in:
• The delivery of high-quality engagements around services, solution areas, and technologies into diverse client environments leveraging available IP and following defined delivery methodologies and service offerings.
• Capturing requirements, business goals and objectives and helping create technology solutions using AWS Services
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Lead technical discussions with customer IT executives and hands on delivery teams to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 8+ years experience as a Solution Architect or Cloud Architect
• 5+ years of implementation experience with architecture of enterprise implementations
• 2+ years experience in the design and provision of cloud technologies
• 2+ years experience with Canadian Federal and Provincial compliance and security standards including Privacy Act, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, ITSG-33 and protected data classifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work and lead effectively across internal and external organizations
• Prior experience in a consulting role
• Demonstrated hands on experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure
• Demonstrated scripting skills
• Certification in AWS or other CSP
• Cloud implementation experience
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, load balancing and firewalling
• Familiarity with design and configuration of monitoring tools
• Experience with revision control source code repositories
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments
• Experience with automated testing tools
• Understanding of and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.