Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
Join our Data Platform R&D team!
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join the Data Application Lab, based in Markham, Ontario. The Lab's mission is to leverage innovative programming technologies to build a global leading data analytics platform, tackling areas such as: data virtualization, data intelligence, cluster scheduling, and smart transportation to support the business success of the data domain.
An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and solve deep technical problems. Join our team to build innovative data analytics platform in environment with passionate software developers. Our Data Application Lab leverage cutting edge technologies in Big Data Analytics, Data governance, Large Cluster scheduling and Machine Learning. If you are interested in exploring and building while solving complex technical problems with handling large datasets, this is the role for you.
As a R&D Engineer, you will develop a deep understanding of current and new technologies in the industry and across the globe, take ownership while having freedom to explore and innovate, and have a strong presence in the industry with collaborative opportunities.
- Analyze the software requirements and software elements for system design.
- Contribute to software development at the product or platform level.
- Take charge of the design and code writing for a specific cross-sub-system or codes of key algorithms.
- Participate in different open source and standard meetings to present solutions
- Ph.D New Grad in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of work experience in related field
- Concrete programming ability in Core Java. And proficiency in languages such as Python, Perl, etc., and deep understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with Distributed Systems, High-performance computing
- Proven experience with platform/system level development with performance profiling and tuning skills.
- Familiar with various design patterns, good component and modeling ability.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning, Experience with development for DB/EDW solution.
- Familiar with the design principles/patterns and application methods of distributed systems.
- Hands on experience with DB Kernel engineering projects
- Expertise in search query processing and query optimisations
- Experience with at least one of the Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS, and NoSQL databases.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Experience in developing Micro Services, Serverless architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, or Data Processing Pipeline.
- Experience implementing and using streaming platforms such as SparkSQL, Flink, Kafka, Storm, etc. Experience with handling large datasets
- Familiarity with mainstream big data related technologies and distributed frameworks is an asset.
- Experience with developing production quality code
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.