We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Application Integration Engineer
The Sr. Application Integration Engineer is a critical part of our Business Applications Team, strategically partnering with internal stakeholders to develop and implement custom integrations across our Business Applications. Successful candidates have a passion for managing large amounts of data, navigating complex technical landscapes and experience working cross-functionally with Billing, Finance, Product, and Customer Service teams.
• Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Leverage middleware applications to create integrations across multiple internal cloud-based business applications.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with designing and implementing ETL processes and the use of ETL tools
• Experience with developing projects using Web services and APIs
• Experience with Celigo, Mulesoft or equivalent a mandatory,
• Understand basic database architecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize and understand impacts to downstream systems
• Experience developing, analyzing, troubleshooting, debugging, and optimizing middleware integration solutions
• Experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, development, testing, and deployment
• Experience with Agile / Scrum SDLC development methodology processes
This role is based in Toronto, Ontario / Austin, Texas
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.