Sr. Analyst, Supply Planning
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This role works with the Poultry Supply Chain Planning team to drive demand visibility and optimization opportunities with the supply planning and execution of Maple Leaf Foods Fresh Poultry chain. Owning the SAP APO forecast for multiple customers’ fresh poultry demand, this individual will be responsible for driving insights and accurate visibility, on a weekly basis, for a rolling 52 week forecast. Determining demand signals for baseline, features, growth and product mix, this Sr Analyst position will be looked to for insights that can lead our Fresh Poultry planning processes to have the best plans in place to execute our schedules.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Build demand forecasts that accurately model future scenarios and periods of potential risk or constraints
- Lead weekly and bi-weekly Demand Consensus meetings with our Sales teams to align on our forecast, analyzing recent performance, seasonal trends and feature performance
- Mitigate competing Commercial priorities / gaps between forecast and actual demand or supply issues
- Sustain ongoing feature planning and compliance tracking practices that inform best allocation decisions of Maple Leaf’s poultry supply
- Maintain feature notification tools, analysis and publication of reports that support overall demand accuracy
- Participate in our S&OP feature planning by working with our Sales team to plan feature activity 3 months into the future.
- Provide real-time visibility to demand inclusive of projections, confirmed features and approved volumes
- Work with our co-manufacturers, planning daily production based on customer orders / co-manufacturer commitments and issue Purchase Orders
- Responsible for the assessment and volume forecasts of incremental demand requests such as features, new business opportunities and new product launches within the supply constrained parameters of fresh poultry.
- Support annual budget process through capability and raw material planning.
- Assist in providing functional leadership to the department
- Achievement of targeted fill rates
- Clearly communicated, understood and aligned to demand plans with sales and supply planning teams
- Supply detailed analysis to the organization of supply chain results and trends
- Strong network with sales, finance and marketing teams – “go-to” person for representing the demand forecast of value-added customers within Fresh Poultry.
- Strengthen leadership and business management skills
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a supply chain role – demand forecasting preferred.
- Understanding of supply chain processes and interaction with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Manufacturing/Operations
- University degree and/or professional designation required
- Previous experience with SAP (ECC & APO)
- Experience in the fresh meats industry, preferably fresh poultry
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge
- Excellent business acumen combined with demonstrated leadership, communication and collaboration
- Externally focused mindset
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Understanding of business financials
- Strong understanding of supply chain in a fresh meats and CPG environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.