The Specialist – Managed Security Services continues second-level technical client support provided by the Analyst and Sr. Analysts. The Specialist has proven process experience in all technical disciplines supported by the Managed Security Services practice, is specialized in three particular disciplines, and provides both technical and process mentorship in these areas to Analysts and Sr. Analysts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Service Delivery – 50% job weight
- Monitors and resolves second-level support requests accurately and timely. Escalates unresolved issues to senior team members and/or manager(s)
- Performs deep analysis of the operating system. Handles Cyber incidents, system crashes, bug fixes and upgrades. Handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configurations, restoring from back up, and repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues. Issues may require multiple interactions with clients and/or vendors to resolve
- Performs security analytics and provides timely summarized finding and recommendations to clients
- Manages complex technical questions and ticket escalations in a specific area of discipline
- Performs root cause analysis and collaborate with Consultants and Analysts to solve repetitive system performance or configuration problems
- Provide technical knowledge transfer to clients and internal department on low complexity problems
- Identifies, records, recommend solutions and escalates service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership
- Applies Trusted Advisor techniques to build up client trust and influence loyalty
- Manages Great Client Communications
- Works towards confidently running Great Meetings, differentiating services per MSS positioning
- Hosts client facing monthly meetings and tuning calls with designated accounts
- Serve as the technical security advisor on designated accounts
- Carry out proactive and reactive tuning of alerts to improve the rate of true positive detections within the client environment
Services Improvement and Enhancement – 35% job weight
- Identifies and provides recommendations for technical deficiencies, service performance issues, product utilization, bugs, and enhancements
- Assists in the development of reports and presentations and provides technical knowledge transfer and analysis to clients on performance status, trends, and metrics in a specific area of
- Recommends process enhancements and drives efficiency by reducing average time to trouble-shoot, repetitive issues and problem service tickets, reducing false-positives
- Performs ongoing analysis and system testing of new system releases, upgrades, and/or patches in one or more specific technologies
- Makes recommendations to improve workflows and drive automation, creating efficiencies
- Assists in the development of playbooks for Incident response
Professional Development – 15% job weight
- Mentors analysts and senior analysts and serves as escalation point for their technical related issues
- Develop best practices, strategies, methodologies, documentation and templates suitable for use by other Consultants and Analysts
- Attends training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by the Manager
- Assist in the onboarding of new hires
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or a 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
- Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies for which Sirius provides Managed Security Services* including at least one (1) QRadar SIEM certification and at least one (1) certification with Palo Alto or Checkpoint firewalls
- Has at least four (4) years of IT experience, to include experience in a Cybersecurity role in an Enterprise or client-focused environment and/or working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
*Managed Security Services certifications may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE CCSM; Cisco: CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: PSNCA, PCNSE; Qradar – SIEM Admin; SANS GCIA, GCIH; Exabeam, Splunk, LogRhythm, CompTIA Security+, Vulnerability Management – Tenable, or similar technology certifications.
Other Position Requirements:
- Positive influence on the floor
- Proactive and pays attention to details
- Is approachable and helps teammates
- Willing participant in coaching system, always learning
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Good understanding of Enterprise risk and controls required for mitigation
- Displays critical thinking and works calmly under pressure or with short deadlines
- Good technical skills in Endpoint and Server System administration, Network traffic analysis, and Administration
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Possesses innate curiosity and demonstrates critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to select continuously select resolutions and techniques that meet technical requirements within the context of best practices, and make recommendations to achieve targeted objectives
- Possesses basic – intermediate programming skills and an understanding of programming workflow
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced team members
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, using latitude for independent judgment
- Proven ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them to completion, without the need for oversight
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Demonstrated strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- At least one (1) year of experience at Sirius in a Sr. Analyst role
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Analyst through Sr. Analyst level, plus the following:
Customer Focus – Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions
Tech Savvy – Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes adjustments. Scans the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, of capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance. Rejects low-impact or fad technologies. Readily learns and adopts new technologies.
Optimizes Work Processes – Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done. Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow. Designs processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. Seek ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
Self Development – Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources.
Balances Stakeholders – Understands internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. Balances the interest of multiple stakeholders. Considers cultural and ethical factors in the decision-making process. Acts fairly despite conflicting demands of stakeholders
Ensures Accountability – Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small or large groups, among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
Manages Conflict – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Works out tough agreements and settles disputes equitable. Facilitates breakthroughs by integrating diverse views and finding common ground or acceptable alternatives. Settles differences in productive ways with minimum noise.